In traditional hosting services, specific, stable IT infrastructure was rented out for a set rate. Nowadays, with the help of online platforms, clients can dynamically scale the configuration and are billed only for the services that were actually used. Learn more about cloud services IaaS!
What is IaaS in cloud services?
IaaS (infrastructure as a service) is a type of cloud computing service provided from the third-party organization, that offers basic computing, storage, and networking resources on-demand in a pay-as-per-use model. IaaS is one of four types of cloud services, along with SaaS (software as a service), PaaS (platform as a service) and serverless computing.
IaaS users can access the same infrastructure technology services as a traditional data center over the Internet, without having to invest as many resources. This solution is particularly effective in big data storage. More about that topic at the following link: https://cloudferro.com/en/eo-cloud/storage-big-data/.
What are the benefits of IaaS?
Many benefits come from using IaaS cloud services. Best of all, the company does not have to purchase and maintain private server rooms, which is time-consuming and expensive.
The main advantages of IaaS are:
- low maintenance (pay-as-you-go model reduces capital expenses and optimizes costs),
- high efficiency (infrastructure can be used by multiple users from all around the world, which increases the efficiency of IT workloads),
- faster application delivery to users (computing infrastructure can be ready in minutes or hours),
- on-demand scalability (infrastructure can be developed and modified on an ongoing basis. Resources can be scaled up or down, according to the current needs),
- stability, reliability, and serviceability (infrastructure is reliable and works following service-level agreements),
- continuity and fast disaster recovery (during a crash or shutdown the service will remain available),
- security (cloud service providers can offer modern security for applications and data).
Thanks to IaaS enterprises can work faster and more effectively while limiting their expenses. Cloud computing is essential to stay ahead of the competition. All IT innovations favor the development of the company these days.
What is IaaS used for?
IaaS cloud services can be used for a broad variety of purposes. The most common use cases include the following:
- run testing and development environments,
- data storage, backup, and recovery,
- high-performance computing (HPC),
- data warehousing,
- big data analytics.
One of the best polish data storage and Infrastructure-as-a-Service (IaaS) providers is CloudFerro. Offered services are open source-based, including OpenStack cloud software, Ceph network storage, etc. Maintenance is provided by an engineering team located in Warsaw, Poland. A team of twenty specialists is fully independent of external support.
More information about the full offer of CloudFerro’s IaaS cloud services can be found at: https://cloudferro.com/en/.